Queensland Mental Health Week: 6-14 October 2018
During the week, people across Queensland come together through events, conversations and activities to value mental health; their own, that of loved ones, friends and colleagues, and people in our communities that need support.
- Be active – Physical activities like walking can positively influence the way you think, feel and function.
- Keep learning – Our well-being can improve by taking up a new hobby or practicing the piano.
- Give – Practising random acts of kindness or volunteering time can work wonders for your well-being.
- Connect – Close relationships with friends and family can add up to 7 years to our lives.
- Take notice – Savouring our surroundings gives us, quite literally, more breathing space.
- Care for our planet – Keeping our blue planet in tip top shape is the best recipe for world well-being.