For most people, Christmas is an enjoyable time of the year when we find time to relax, spend time with family and catch up with friends.
However, for others, Christmas can be a time of struggle and regret due to excessive drinking and regrets from associated behaviours.
Some people might drink too much at their work Christmas party and end up behaving in a way that they might regret. Such behaviour can affect their personal relationships, their friendships and even their professional reputation and career.
It is important over the Christmas period that we set limits for our drinking when attending work functions, Christmas parties and other social events.
Here are a few pointers:
- Set a strict limit on how many drinks you can consume on a night out.
- Eat before you go out and make sure you are hydrated.
- Set a curfew for when you will go home.
- Take out only enough money to buy the number of drinks that you have decided on plus money for a taxi.
- Have a glass of water after each two drinks that you consume to quench your thirst and to remain hydrated.
Finally, technology can really help you track and control your drinking over the festive period. If you are an Android phone user then take a look at the AlcoDroid Alcohol Tracker. For iPhone users, try installing the DrinkControl app.
Stay in control of your drinking and make it a Christmas to remember – not to forget.