What is Mindfulness?
Definition: “Paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” (Kabat-Zinn).
Have you ever noticed that when you do repetitive or familiar tasks, such as driving your car, that your mind is often miles away thinking about something else? This way of functioning is often referred to as “automatic pilot mode” Mindfulness is the complete opposite of automatic pilot mode. Mindfulness is about experiencing the world in the ‘here and now’.
Amima’s Brisbane Counsellors can show you how Mindfulness is an excellent tool to help:
- Understand, tolerate and deal with emotions in healthy ways
- Alter our regular responses by taking pause and choosing how we act
- Identify the thoughts we are having and live in the present moment
Why Choose Amima’s Mindfulness Counsellors?
- 100% Confidential
- We really understand mindfulness
- Our Counselling Really Works
- Same or Next Day Appointments
- Flexible Appointment Times
- Book by Phone or Email