Are you one of the thousands of people in Brisbane suffering from anxiety?
Everybody experiences anxiety at some time. Feeling afraid is very much a part of the experience of being human. Even though anxiety is an unpleasant state, it can be quite effective in helping to avoid dangerous situations.
Anxiety only becomes a problem when it is out of proportion to the situation, when it often occurs in situations where there is no actual threat or danger.
Some anxiety might be anticipated in certain situations such as a job interview, but if the anxiety is so extreme that it stops you from doing what needs to be done, then it becomes a problem.
Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
- Feeling constantly wound up, excessive worry and fear – mind racing or going blank.
- Indecisiveness, irritability, impatience, anger and feeling on edge
- Feeling physically unwell – pounding heart, chest pain, dizziness, sweating
- Difficulty sleeping and relaxing, unable to ‘switch off’ unpleasant thoughts
- Difficulty going out – avoidance of situations, obsessive or compulsive behaviour
Amima’s Brisbane counsellors can show you how to:
- Decrease stress symptoms.
- Cope with anxiety attacks.
- Stop panic attacks.
- Reduce stress, depression and anxiety.
- Improve your self worth, confidence and hope.
- Build healthier relationships.
- Cope with trauma and childhood abuse.
- Cope with gambling, alcohol, drugs and other addictions.